Friday, April 4, 2008

Yee-Foo noodles

This is another of my favourite easy-to-cook dish. I am not giving a recipe because I cannot remember exactly what I did. Cooking to me is like art, totally based on 'feel' and experimentation and sometimes mood. Only the main steps are listed and the rest up to anyone's imagination and creativity. The ingredients can be substituted with others that you fancy.

Prepare 2 sets of ingredients:

Set 1: Broccolli, oyster mushroom, tomatoes and garlic.
Set 2: Chicken strips marinated in soya sauce, sesame oil, ginger for 2 hours or more.

To cook: Fry some sliced garlic in a little oil for a minute or two, then pour in the marinated chicken and stir-fry. Add some water or in my case, I used some of the herbal soup I was boiling instead so that the gravy will be more tasty. Add oyster sauce, dark sauce and a little sugar if you like. The thicken the sauce put in a few teaspoons (about 3) of cornstarch. Continue to stir.
Lastly, put in the yee-foo noodles and let it soften in the gravy. Use a pair of chopsticks or fork to mix the noodles well.

No comments: