Friday, April 25, 2008

Tofu omelette

I got this recipe from my friend's blog and have her to thank for making it possible for me to whisk up lunch for two persons this hot Saturday afternoon so effortlessly. I did some small modifications to it and hope that this is what it is supposed to look like at the end of the cooking:

I decided to try this recipe as I happened to have a tube of silken tofu in the fridge. But instead of using small onions to fry the tofu with, I used chopped-up garlic. When the tofu is slightly brownish, I added two eggs that have been beaten with a pinch of salt, pepper to taste and a drop of sesame oil and then I fried them till the egg is cooked and added a little water. As I did not have coriander leaves, I used mint leaves instead and threw in the cherry tomatoes to make the dish look interesting.

No comments: