Thursday, April 3, 2008

Terriyaki sauce and chicken drumsticks

No hassle cooking. I love to steam food because cleaning is much easier for mums like me who do all the washing up as well and who wasn't made for the kitchen in the first place.

I was shopping at Takashimaya when I found this bottle of Terriyaki sauce that is suitable for fish, chicken and meat. God must have taken pity on me. So the next day I decided to try the sauce on two medium-sized chicken thighs that I had defrosted.

Here's how to do this dish:
  1. Wash two chicken thighs and cut away excess fat in the skin.
  2. Pour some of the Terriayaki sauce onto the chicken thighs and marinate well. Crush a few cloves of garlic and slice some pieces of ginger and mix them with the chicken thighs (I put them back in the fridge as I have a phobia about food spoiling).
  3. Two or three hours later, take the chicken thighs from the fridge and put them into a steamer. Steam them for about 40 minutes.
  4. When the time is up, take the chicken thights from the steamer and place them on a nice plate and garnish the dish with cucumber, tomatoes or whatever you think will make it look nice.

Verdict from husband and son: Yum, yum

No comments: