Monday, April 14, 2008

Bak Kut Teh

This is our beloved Pork-rib soup that we nowadays do not prepare our own ingredients but rely most of the time on manufactured packets of the spices to make this dish a hot favourite at home. I have been trying out one or two of these preparations with moderate success in terms of taste and flavour.

My friend gave me a small packet of the Bak Kut Teh that she says I have to try because it is simple yummy.

She advised that I get the pork rib with a little fat in it. All I need to do is to wash and put the pork ribs into the slow cooker, fill it up with water from the tap (sometimes I use water that has just been boiled) and turn on the heat at the 'high' setting for 2 hours. The put in as many cloves of garlic as you like and add the satchet of spices. Cook for another 2 hours and then its Bak Kut Teh time. I think it would be nice to compliment this soup with you tiao (deep-fried dough sticks). So if I think of cooking this soup, I will have to get some yu tiao from the market in the morning.

1 comment:

Dark Matter said...

my daughter is asking where is the picture?