Thursday, April 3, 2008

Meatballs - Pressure Cooker

Once in a while, this happens in this blog - I post something irrelevant to the subject of flowers. This time I just want to share a new interest which is experimenting with a pressure cooker that I bought having heard all the good things about it such as tasty and nutritious meals that can be prepared in half an hour or less.

Having read the safety precautions and understood the concept of how the pressure cooker works, I looked in my fridge to see what was in there and came up with the idea of cooking meat balls. It turned out surprisingly to be very successful as all family members praised the results to high heaven. It's quite a feat to achieve considering that people know me as one who photographs food and not one who cooks. I have photographed the key steps before commencing the pressure cooking. Arranging the meatballs and other ingredients in the pressure cooker.

Adding the chopped lettuce at the side.

Adding the sauce so that it covers the meatballs.

Yummy meatballs, even I agree that they were delicious. I actually had a lot of fun arranging the ingredients in the pot. The dish when served could be made more colourful with brocolli or bits of a green pepper that was in my fridge. Cucumbers would do fine too.

No comments: